Monday, November 5, 2007

The Power of the Question

The questions that we ask ourselves everyday are very powerful. What we are actually doing is asking our other than conscious mind to give us an answer. The other than conscious mind is actually infinite and unlimited and will provide us with an answer if we ask the right questions. It has been estimate that this part of our mind has the processing capacity of 16 billion to one of that of the conscious mind and we own both. Asking the right questions are very important in getting the answers we want. The most important thing to remember when working with powerful questions is to focus on the positive and try to stay away from questions that start with ‘why” because they lead to analysis and do not provide solutions. We also need to be patient and not force an answer. When we are facing a challenging or complex situation, all we need to do is gently ask ourselves a powerful question. Agonizing will not solve the problem. The information needed will be revealed.

The following are some powerful questions that you can use in your life, your business and your career:

  1. What do I want in this situation?
  2. How can I ………………………? Add whatever you are trying to do.
  3. Who is a good prospect?
  4. What am I focusing on?
  5. What action can I take?
  6. What can I learn today?
  7. Whom can I serve today?
  8. What is working in my life?
  9. How can I move forward?
  10. What am I willing to let go of?
  11. Who am I?
  12. Where am I?
  13. Why am I here?

Using questions helps others take their focus off of what they do not want and put it on what they do want. It creates a change in perception. It allows them to dream about fresh, new possibilities for their lives or their business. They focus on what they want and not on what they do not want or the past. This is the real power of conversation. It provides a space and a place for miracles.

Ask yourself powerful questions everyday.

No comments: