Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Power of Decision

Hello, my name is Marty McEvoy and I founded company called Practical Empowerment, LLC, you can learn more about me at http://www.martymcevoy.com/. It is my belief that you have the power to change you life, not tomorrow, but today. In fact right now. You are meant to be, do and have all that you want without violating the rights of others. So what is it that you really want? Think, real thinking, what is it that you really want? What kind of income do you want to have? What about your vacations? Where do you want to go and when? What kind of health do you want to have? I remember one of the most revealing moments in my life, was when I was still and quite and I heard a little voice say, “You are the maker of your dream” I took that literally to mean “I decide.”


To have what you really want, you must make a decision to have what you really want. Not what you think you can have based on your current situation, but what you really want. You must decide. My business partner, long time friend and teacher Bob Proctor (http://www.bobproctor.com/) from the movie “The Secret” says that success and decision are partners. You cannot have one without the other. The problem is most people do not go after what they want because they fail to make the decision to go after it. Decision is the single mental move you can make to improve any personal or business situation, and literally propel you down the path to success. “Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved,” says writer William Jennings Bryan.



I tell all of my clients to decide today what they really want and to make the decision to go after it. Be committed and say, “I will do what ever it takes to accomplish my goal. I tell everyone to set their intention, leave the how to God, and know that there are limitless resources to support their vision. In fact, you cannot want something, without having the ability to achieve it.




Visualize what you want, trust, take the action necessary in the present moment and have faith that you will achieve it. All things are possible. You just need to decide what it is you want. You need to decide today, in fact right now. Then, watch your life change.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Very Encouraging and words to live by.

pittbull said...

live life to its fullest each day and realize your potential

Dan Kiedinger said...

It all begins with deciding what I want. It is an empowering message, one that I need to be reminded about. I do fear the commitment required to get what I want, however, the real problem could be not identifying what I really want. It all begins there.

There were a few spelling errors in Marty's message that I found.

Dan