Saturday, June 30, 2007

Stepping into Freedom


Each moment of everyday we make the decision to either step forward into freedom or back into bondage. The bondage is the limitations of our own mind. These limitations were either created by us based on circumstances or events in our life or they were taught to us by someone who did not know any better. The truth is that there are no limitations, except those we choose to believe. We have infinite and unlimited potential.

In my own life I saw this so clearly last night when I was working with my personal fitness trainer Lisa. When I workout by myself, I always do what I have always done before or do what I think I am capable of and I get the same results. I have my own set of limitations on my physical body. I call it the “wall” or “my terror barrier” and this is where I stop each time. Not so when I workout with Lisa. She is always working with me to go beyond my ideas and limitations. Last night it was jumping rope. I said to myself, I can’t do that, I am 57 years old and I have not jumped rope for 30 years. Lisa was thinking “He is capable.” Sure enough, with a little coaching from Lisa, I was able to do 3 sets of 100. Sure, one of the result was I was able to jump rope, but the real result was I felt empowered, alive and full of confidence and I had fun. I had moved to a place a freedom. I achieved a higher level of awareness of who I was and what I was capable of.


The real value of coaching, it is not the goal, but who you become by achieving the goal. It is your path to freedom from old habits and beliefs that keep you in bondage. You are free to be, do and have anything you want without violating the rights of others. I am so confident in the coaching process that I offer a complimentary coaching session to everyone so they can experience the process. If that is something that interests you, I can be contacted at 608-637-6898 or at marty@martymcevoy.com


The poet Rumi writes, “The garden of the world has no limits except in your mind. Its presence is more beautiful than the stars, with more clarity than the polished mirror of your heart” So what is it you really want? Not what you think you can have based on your current results, but what do you really want? If you decide you can have it, then it is yours. You just need to take the first step to freedom.


Ralph Waldo Emerson writes, “We are very near to greatness. One step and we are safe. Can we not take the leap” Decide to take that step. Do it now!!



How to contact Lisa


Lisa is a personal trainer and works in the Vernon Memorial Healthcare Wellness Center. http://www.vmh.org/ If you do not have a personal fitness trainer, I would highly recommend one and if you live near Viroqua, WI. I would highly recommend Lisa. She is one of the best I have ever worked with. She is well trained, experienced, fun and gets results for her clients and results is what it is about.

No comments: