Thursday, August 30, 2007

Magical Thinking Will Not Get You What You Want

There is a big difference in wishing for something and actually doing what it takes to make it happen. What I have discovered is that everyone wants something greater. The problem is most of us never go after what we really want. We settle for something far short of our wants and desires. Then we create stories, excuses and reasons to prove to ourselves that everything is just fine. It is called mental gymnastics. It is the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting different results. We want to earn more money, we want our relationships to be more meaningful, we know we should lose weight or exercise more or that we should play our part in creating world peace.

What do you really want? Sit quietly and ask yourself the questions, “What would I do if I knew I could not fail” “Who would I be” “What do I really want” or “Why am I here?” You decide.

The real value in having a personal coach is that the process will take you from wishing to acting. How do I know this? I have experienced the coaching process for myself. I have used some of the best coaches in the world. Follow this link and learn what coaching is all about: Marty McEvoy - Practical Empowerment.

I remember teaching swimming lessons at age 14. I had to move the child from wanting to get in the water, to being in the water. That took a decision from the child and the action of stepping into the water and lots of support and encouragement.

No matter what you want, there is a price to pay for it if you really want it. The results you are currently getting in your life are a result of how you have been thinking, feeling and acting. If you want to have different results in your life then you need to think, feel and act in a way that will bring about those results. Magical thinking is only part of the formula. You must take action. The value of the thinking is that it will motivate you to take action. The problem is that most people do not follow through with the action because it makes them feel uncomfortable.

The easiest way to do all of this is to uncover how you are thinking and acting now to produce the results you are currently getting. Then change the way you think and act so that you get what you want. Say for example you are just getting started in real estate sales. This is what you should do. Go speak with all the successful producers in your company and area and ask them how they think and act everyday. Successful people are always happy to talk with someone who wants to learn. Spend an hour with them. You will be amazed at how they think and act.

So today, start thinking and acting in a way that will give you the results you really want. I can help you do that. Contact me at marty@martymcevoy.com. By contacting me, you are acting in a different way. You decide...

No comments: